[plug] iinet finally has wget :-)

Glen Lewis kisa at kisa.com
Tue Nov 20 07:45:16 WST 2001

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Mike wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I note iinet finally has wget :-)
>
> only thing is their quota system is somewhat up the creek,
> even after they say they 'improved' it,

make sure you du your mail spool - probably under /var/spool/mail
or something - the quota applies to the total diskspace you have.

> ie. I was under the impression it was 30Meg overall, but
> I find shell access is limited to 20meg and it doesn't seem to
> account for web and email ~`:o  Weird !

We are in a transitioning process.  Your primary mail will _always_ be
separate from your shell & web space.

> Why would iinet (any iinet staff here) put shell at 20meg when
> they advertise the explorer account as 30meg ?

30meg includes your blah at iinet.net.au mail spool.  So, I think the person
who built it probably gave 20meg for shell and 40meg for your mail.  You
should probably email support at iinet.net.au for the official numbers
though - I am a bit hazy.

> --- last one off topic, all i wanted to say is that iinet have
> wget running well on opera, thanks guys,

No problems - it was annoying me personally, so we made sure that it would
be on the new opera.  At least opera isn't running on Redhat 4.2 anymore
:\

glen