[plug] Web based administration tools

Arkem arkem at mornmist.2y.net
Thu Nov 22 09:57:16 WST 2001

I'm setting up a server for a friend of mine and since they aren't
very linux literate I need a way to make administration tasks as
simple as possible. This will be a webserver predominantly running
apache, can anyone recommend some tools that may help? I've heard of
packages that come with web based control interfaces, these would be
good and also are the firewall/server distributions (Smoothwall or
E-smith or whatever) any good for this kind of thing? I was thinking
of perhaps running Debian on it but if I can't find much in the way
to make the day to day administration and monitoring easier I'll have
to consider alternatives.

Thanks,
Paul