[plug] ddr really faster then sdram for linux kernel ?

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Fri Nov 30 15:11:06 WST 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 02:24:39PM +0000, Mike wrote:
> At 02:01 PM 30/11/2001 +0800, you wrote:
> >On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 01:51:56PM +0000, Mike wrote:
> >> BTW: Is there a linux based program which can grab the first frame or
> >> selected frames of an AVI or mpeg to make a jpeg thumbnail - batch
> >> type program - command line etc,
>
> mmm Interesting :) Tah,
>
> I take it these are video drivers that support some frame grabbing,
> or is the list on the left the command line program name to get
> the selected frames of a video file re my comment above ?

Well it didn't have JPEG thumbnail output, but has png output and mplayer also
allows you to seek to a position ( -sb position_bytes, -ss time ). Hmm I don't
know about playing for a specific duration though.

Anyways, should be simple to automate the png -> jpg if needed. I've never
used the PNG output so I don't know if it's spearate png images, or some kind
of 'animation' png like with gifs...

Ohhh, this just in, -frames number plays <number> frames then quits. So use it
with -ss or -sb and you're set!

Later,

Jason Nicholls