[plug] ddr really faster then sdram for linux kernel ?

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Fri Nov 30 15:30:03 WST 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 03:29:52PM +0000, Mike wrote:
> Thanks Jason,
>
> I realise I didn't make myself precise re what I am looking for:-
>
> A linux command line utiltiy which:-
>
> a.	Gets a selected fram from a video file and makes
> 	it into a jpeg

Well any image format is fine since it's easy to convert between formats
without user interaction.

> b.	Can do it 'batch' fashion for list of video files and the
> 	required frame numbers and produce a series of jpegs

Yes so you either know the frame or byte position or time, and the number of
frames required. So what's difficult about building a simple script to control
this automatically given an input file, eg:

	movie_file.avi		start-pos	no_frames
	movie_file2.avi		start-pos	no_frames

etc...

> ie. Something that will not require frequent mouse clicks to
> navigate through players to get to a known frame etc,

There is no clicking involved in this either??

I doubt you're going to find a solution that does exactly what you want, but
mplayer with a shell or some other script controlling it can do what you want
automatically. I'm not pushing mplayer - if someone else knows something that
can do this easily on the command line then plz share.

OK I just tested it, it appears produces 1 png file for each frame
(so that = LOTS of files). And of course when the video-out method is a file
no graphical windows are opened, it's all command line.

Regards,

Jason Nicholls