[plug] finding a file in an uninstalled debian package

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Fri Nov 30 16:26:45 WST 2001

I'm trying to compile evolution 1.0 rc2 on a debian woody box.  After
installing lots of lib* and *-dev requirements, I'm finally stuck with a
missing bonobo-config.  Installed are bonobo, libbonobo-dev, libefs-dev
and libefs1 (apt told me that libbonobo1 was replaced by libefs1,
libefs-dev and bonobo), but none of them contain /usr/bin/bonobo-config.

Does anyone know which debian package contains bonobo-config (ie could
someone who has that please do 'dpkg -S bonobo-config'.)

Or, to solve the general case, is there a way to find out which debian
package contains a particular file, without installing it?

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
"Be *excellent* to each other."
-- Bill, or Ted, in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure