[plug] Have you ever wanted an Oscilloscope, but one that could talk to Linux?

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Mon Oct 1 20:43:03 WST 2001

alan howard wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:04, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>  <snip>
>
>>Then I came across BitScope (www.bitscope.com).
>>
> <snip>
>
> very interesting. could you let us know how it goes if you purchase one.
> especially if you get the kit version

I should have one in the next few days. Can't wait for the Ethernet
upgrade ...

> i've been thinking of getting a pic evaluation kit. any recomendations?
> seems to be many useful applications for these devices.

I purchased a kit from Labtronics. Now I have to find the time to soder it together, as our American friends would say.

It was about $138, and has a 40-pin 84F877 or some such on board. This
has an a-channel, 10-bit A-D converter. The board also has 4 relays, and
a bunch of other gear on it, plus it comes with the Windows (;-() devel
kit with simulator etc.

--
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, LPIC-1
www.samba.org, www.ethereal.com, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba