[plug] Cant access cdrom: Wrong medium type

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Thu Oct 4 13:12:02 WST 2001

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, mpople at orbeng.com wrote:

> i recently upgraded my kernel and now im unable to access my cdrom drive(its
> an ibook2 and is a dvd)

> cusbert kernel: cdrom: pid 679 must open 0_NONBLOCK!

What kernel version did you upgrade from, and to?
What distribution and version of Linux are you running?

More specifically - did you upgrade from a 2.2 series kernel to a 2.4
series kernel, and if so, did you remember to upgrade your utilities to
the versions specified in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes ?

I have a suspicion your version of "mount" is out of date.

 - Matt