[plug] closed source DVD playback

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 5 19:13:55 WST 2001

>Whats all the fuss about folks?
>Dont we already have open-source DVD players for Linux?

Yes we do, but they can only play DVDs that aren't encrypted and anyone
people who'se tried to divx something would know that encryption free DVDs
are few and far between at the moment.

As for what you've said here, you're probably right and all that, I'm not
sure, I simply wanted to throw the idea to you guys and spur it on a little
in case it's worth considering (I'm a newbie here). If it's not worth
considering, then it's not really worth pursuing and we should give it up,
but if you guys have some genuine ideas and thoughts, don't let me stop you!