[plug] Samba printer spools?

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 7 12:16:16 WST 2001

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any program to manipulate a Samba
printer share from a Windows machine?

I have a printer connected to a Linux box, and I would
like something (preferably CGI/Perl, so I can
integrate it into the existing admin stuff I have) to
allow any user to cancel a print job. (That is, a job
which has left the Windows machine's printer queue and
is solely on the Linux spool.)

If nothing else I could simply delete all jobs in
/var/spool/lpd and then restart lpd for good measure,
but I was wondering if there was an existing system
that was more interactive... or is there something
which is part of Samba to do this already?

TIA
Andrew

=====
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel
- Got Itchy feet? Get inspired!