[plug] Mandrake-8 ("M" ??) install

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 9 20:32:48 WST 2001

7.0 to 7.0 upgrade is too much effort with too many incompatibilities
unless
your system has a simple set-up.  Best way is to blot the disk and
install
the later version (have just done 8.1 on a dell 8000 laptop, better than
8.0!)  Be sure to use reiserfs too.

I don't know how you installed the original games, but with the library
and
even file system changes, you would be better off reinstalled the best
loved
ones from scratch.

Mandrake 7.2 had a utility you could run to auto-update the kde menus
etc -
I havent had to use it for awhile and cant remember the name.

BillK