[plug] Building new box. Best bang /$ ?

wayne hatari at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 12 15:11:00 WST 2001

Having just gone through the process.....

MSI MS-6330 Lite ver3 (otherwise known as K7 Turbo OEM).  It has on-board
sound - good enough for me.  Supports 600MHz to 1.5MHz CPU.  Unfortunately
only 6 x PCI and 1 x AGP and 4 USB.

MSI K7 Turbo R has Raid capability.

Difference?    K7Turbo R gets track cut-out to make K7Turbo Lite

However if I had my time again I would probably get an A-bit (check the
version out yourself - I think KT7A).  As someone pointed out to me, apart
from PCI and AGP, it has 1 x ISA slot.  (Rats: I could have used that!)   If
I recall correctly it also has programmable-speed via BIOS.

Best Buy for MSI; possibly Austin for A-bit  ----- only because of price.
You pick your favourite store.

Regards,
wayne