[plug] Linux.conf.au 2001: Brisbane: Travel.

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Sat Oct 13 11:57:53 WST 2001

Hey all,

I had a quote to fly Per <=> Bris return at around AU$900. The dates for this
quote were wrong, so I am getting it revised. I'm also looking at other
options. Here is what I am considering:

	* Fly Perth <=> Brisbane, Evening 5th Jan, ret 27th Jan
	* Fly Perth <=> Sydney, Evening 5th Jan, ret 27th Jan, and fly
	  Sydney <=> Goldcoast/Bris by Virgin or other cheap carrier.
	* Fly Perth <=> Sydney, Evening 5th Jan, ret 27th Jan, and drive
	  Sydney <=> Goldcoast/Bris in a people mover (ie, 8 seats or so).
	  We fill this with as many people from Perth, and top up with
	  other attendees who make their own way to Sydney (or are already in
	  Sydney).

Any comments? The Indian-Pacific is (a) too slow, and (b) far too expensive.
But would be good fun. ;)

  James

--
 James Bromberger <james_AT_rcpt.to> www.james.rcpt.to