[plug] dead network

connell connellp at wantree.com.au
Sat Oct 13 16:35:51 WST 2001

Thanks for the suggestions, Bernard.  As soon as I saw the word
firewall, I thought we had it.  Unfortunately, after I stopped the
firewall and flushed ipchains, I still got the same error messages.  The
same happens when I try to ping localhost.  Yes the netcard has an IP
address and mask and the routing looks ok.  What really bugs me is that
it was working but stopped after one of many recompiles. What have I cut
out that is required?  What are SO_TIMESTAMP and SIOCGSTAMP to do with
anyway?

PaulC