[plug] Debian newbie question re:permissions

sol solhanna at dingoblue.net.au
Tue Oct 16 14:48:27 WST 2001

Eureka! Problem solved. Thanks to Simon, Greg, Brad and Matt for your
quick assistance.
For those interested, I changed to Brad's modes and tried to setuid to
root  -which was pointless as Greg pointed out - so I corrected to error
created when I chgrp'ed pppd (thanks Matt) and chmod a la Greg's last
post and off it went.
ls -l /usr/sbin/pppd
-rwsr-x---    1 root    dip    183504
This works as my user - and it's secure (relatively speaking).

Thanks again!

Sol