[plug] Exchange Server <Puke>

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Tue Oct 16 16:36:19 WST 2001

Hi Brad,

I did some work on this issue a year ago and concluded that HP OpenMail was a
viable competitor to Exchange. There was talk that HP would discontinue
development, but the product appears to be still available. Check
http://www.openmail.com/cyc/om/00/index.html for details.

The only other contender was Bynari InsightServer (used to be called
TradeServer): http://www.bynari.net/Products/TradeServer/body_tradeserver.html
Although the server is commercial, it has an Open Source client:
http://tradeclient.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,
Steve