[plug] Exchange Server <Puke>

sol solhanna at dingoblue.net.au
Wed Oct 17 10:43:36 WST 2001

Brad Campbell wrote:

> G'day all.. again..
>
> The GM has just burst in demanding that we install exchange server so he
> can feel all warm and fuzzy using outlook and it's 'collaboration' features.
> I don't care about the client end.. he can use whatever he wants, but I don't
> want to have to install another NT box..
> I'm combing the net now, but I thought I'd ask if any of you are using a
> workable solution? I need to derail this quickly before he gets any more
> bright ideas..
>
> I was thinking <Gasp> Lotus, as I'm told it has a linux server, and I know
> the client runs under wine..

I'm not sure if this is of any help to you, but I've seen the Lotus
Domino suite available for Linux being advertised before. You might want
to look at this:
http://lists.suse.com/archives/suse-announce-e/2001-Jan/0001.html
http://lwn.net/2001/0125/a/suse-lotus.php3
http://www.ibm.com/news/2000/08/152.phtml
http://www.dominopower.com/issues/issue200010/linux1000001.html
http://www.redhat.com/software/bundles/ibm_domino/

This might be more than what you're looking for, but it should at least
confirm that Lotus is available for Linux. Hope this helps.

Sol