[plug] ssh & X window

Jason Belcher jason at whatever.iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 17 22:59:19 WST 2001

Hi

Here's how I do it:

On the local host (ie. the computer you want to display the program on):
xhost +[remote computer name]

On the remote host:
DISPLAY=[local computer name]:0
export DISPLAY
(note that this works for bash, other shells have different commands to
set environment variables)
then run the command to start the program.

HTH

Jason

--
Gates' Law: Every 18 months, the speed of software halves.