[plug] What was your first computer?

Simon Scott Simon.Scott at flexiplan.com
Thu Oct 18 14:23:22 WST 2001

	Saw an old asian guy using an abacus once in a market somewhere

	All I could say was 'Wow'.... I reckon you could play quake on him
if you gave him a sugary drink

	From:	Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> on 18/10/2001 02:20 PM
	Please respond to plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	To:	plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	cc:

	Subject:	Re: [plug] What was your first computer?

	On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Mike wrote:

	> Prob the min spec is ability to process electrons and other then
	> generation of static charges - don't think the slide rule counts
	>
	> *grin*
	>
	> Mike

	Now, slide rules bring back memories.

	We had two models; the cheap ones, and the more expensive, Faber
Castell
	slide rules, with all the whizz-bang extras.

	I notice that no-one has yet mentioned the abacus. Now, those were
	interesting devices. No bugs, either...

	;)

	--
	Bret Busby