[plug] What was your first computer?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Oct 18 14:38:55 WST 2001

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Steve Grasso wrote:

> On Thursday 18 October 2001 14:15, Bret Busby wrote:
> [snip]
> > We had two models; the cheap ones, and the more expensive, Faber Castell
> > slide rules, with all the whizz-bang extras.
>
> What, like a pencil?

The cheap ones just did straight multiplication, from memory, and the
Fraber Castell slide rules had a log scale, and, I think, a geometric
(angles) scale, or something. 'Twas a long time ago, in a galaxy far
away...

I am not sure, but, underneath the piles of ancient treasures, I may still
have a cheap slide rule. The Faber Castell slide rules were too expensive
for a single person to keep. they got passed down. We had access to them,
and, were allowed to use them, but, they were heirlooms.

--
Bret Busby