[plug] What was your first computer?

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Thu Oct 18 18:06:59 WST 2001

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:02, Bernard wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 02:12:44PM +0800, wayne wrote:
> > >Mene, mene, tekel, upharsen.
> >
> > nesrahpu, leket, enem, enem  (either way it needs explanation, skribe??)
>
> Anagram of: Me pen use the kernel, Amen  ??? :)

It is Finnish for 'I am the walrus'.

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

The Seventh Edition licensing procedures are, I suppose, still in effect,
though I doubt that tapes are available from AT&T.  At any rate, whatever
restrictions the license imposes still exist.  These restrictions were and
are reasonable for places that just want to run the system, but don't allow
many of the things that Minix was written for, like study of the source in
classes, or by individuals not in a university or company.

I've always thought that Minix was a fine idea, and competently done.

As for the size of v7, wc -l /usr/sys/*/*.[chs] is 19271.

-- Dennis Ritchie, 1989