[plug] [ot - mostly] Bluetooth ?

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 18 22:44:50 WST 2001

Hi chaps,

(as its so quiet ;)

I like the bluetooth headset accessory for mobiles and will be trying
one out early next week, and this raises a couple of queries,

a.	Anyone got one and can they report +ve/-ve issues with
	their mobiles
b.	Anyone have one for a landline - anywhere - please ?

and more interestingly,

c.	Anyone know of a bluetooth headet for 'connection' to
	a linux box ?
	ie. Use the linux box to dial an outside line  and
	have it pass through voice from the bluetooth headset
	with the option of logging incoming and outgoing call
	numbers ? (Or dare I say it - voice as well!).

Ideally it would be nice to have a bluetooth for the mobile,
then when I drive up the lane, have it 'connect' to the linux
box so I can answer the phone without using the mobile,
ie. The landline becomes the priority server when in range
and the mobile only when out of range...

I supose I just need a bluetooth interface card for PC architeture
that has linux drivers for connection to a voice modem (should
have said that at the outset ;)

Rgds

Mike