[plug] Some interesting items .... (slightly off topic)

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Tue Oct 23 09:55:55 WST 2001

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 08:40:53PM +0800, Michael Hunt wrote:
> This ad was sent to me.

> Fight Back Against NIMDA and other viruses/worms with NTFSDOS Professional
> from Wnternals!
> NTFSDOS Pro allows you to boot infected NT/2000 systems into an MS-DOS
> environment where viruses and worms can't operate or replicate themselves.
> You can then run most DOS-based virus scanners to clean the infected
> systems. For more info see http://www.winternals.com/52

Heh, I wonder if all those people who have shelled out for NT Server
licenses etc. will be thrilled to learn how this works.

On the Linux front though, doesn't this rate as a business opportunity?
Distribute Linux boot/root disks that boot up, scan/remove viruses and
then offer further information on converting to the virus-free
environment they are currently using full-time and for very minimal cost.

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C