anti-alias font issue, was [plug] Konqueror crashes on startup?

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Tue Oct 23 12:02:04 WST 2001

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:44, Christian wrote:

> However, I am noticing a different problem.  If I switch on font
> anti-aliasing then Konsole (the terminal program) presents me with a
> horizontally compressed, unreadable font.  Switching it back fixes the
> problem.  Any ideas? :-)

Basically, if you have AA, you have only AA, and the default font sucks big
time. You can change the font to a custom one, and pick a decent monospaced
one. I use Lucida Console.

Alternatively, you can turn AA off for particular apps by setting the environ
variable QT_XFT to 0 before running something.
eg; From a Konsole (assuming (t)csh):

  setenv QT_XFT 0
  konsole

It's a bit of a pain, but it works if you're desperate to just turn off AA
for a particular app.

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :