[plug] Debian Newbie

Kim Covil Kim.Covil at csiro.au
Tue Oct 23 14:24:24 WST 2001

Yep I use a combination of aptitude and apt-get from the command line...

In aptitude you can turn off the default behaviour of automatically
trying to upgrade all installed packages... it's in the Options menu...

The later versions are a bit easier to use than the original ones... but
I am not sure what is available for potato and woody... I tend to run
sid...

Cheers

Kim

Kim Covil - CSIRO Exploration & Mining  E-mail:  kim.covil at csiro.au
,-_!\
            PO Box 1130, Bentley,       Direct:  +61 8 6436 8638    /
\
            Western Australia  6102     Fax:     +61 8 6436 8555
*_,-._/
        Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at covil.com.au