[plug] Linux Gaming Question

Clinton Butler misprint at bizzpro.com.au
Wed Oct 24 06:48:07 WST 2001

I enjoy playing video games (as most teenage high school students do). I
do not know if you are the right people to ask this question.. but I can
only try.

I have been playing an online game called Nexus (downloadable from
www.nexon.net) but unfortunately it is a windows only application. What I
wish to do is obtain the source code for the application and attempt to
compile it for Linux. What I need to know is: how hard is it to convert a
windows application to run under X (without Win4Lin or Wine). I am led to
believe that the application was written in C++. I want to do this so I
can finally get rid of windows once and for all (I have already found
alternatives for everything else).

If anyone could at least point me in the right direction to someone that
can help me out... I would be most greatful... that is... if nobody on
the list can answer my question.

Thanks in advance,

Clinton Butler