[plug] Audio Speed Control

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Wed Oct 24 14:37:58 WST 2001

G'day all

I have implemented real-time pitch shifting in mpg123, but the algorithm
being used (I am using an already existing algorithm in the code) makes
for a really rough nasty harsh sound.
It simply duplicates or drops samples as required.
I have tried writing some linear interpolation into it to smooth it out
a bit, but it really does not help much.

Has anyone done any work in this area? Or can you recommend an existing
OSS project that you use, that has a reasonable pitch shift built in that
sounds Ok..

I have tried a couple of xmms plugins, but one sounds rough and the other
is not reliable enough to give me a decent listening test.

The pitch shift in alsa player was not much good last I tried it either.

--
Brad....
                   /"\