[plug] Audio Speed Control

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Oct 24 16:01:12 WST 2001

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Brad Campbell wrote:

> I have implemented real-time pitch shifting in mpg123, but the algorithm

Eh? Are you shifting pitch or speed?

> being used (I am using an already existing algorithm in the code) makes
> for a really rough nasty harsh sound.
> It simply duplicates or drops samples as required.

So you are changing the number of samples, which will change both pitch
and speed together?  Maybe a low-pass filter would help.
  Would you prefer to change one without the other? e.g. to slow it down
without dropping the pitch?
  Maybe fourier analysis?

--
Mike Holland  <myk at golden.wattle.id.au>