[plug] Postscript to PDF conversion

Bernard bernard at blackham.com.au
Wed Oct 24 22:45:01 WST 2001

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 10:36:28PM +0800, Tim Bowden wrote:
> My problem is I need to get an autocad drawing into PDF form.  Autocad
> can produce encapsulated (??) postscript files from a dwf file.  If
> ghostscript can do the conversion then problem solved & a major headache
> sorted for my client.  Also a good excuse to introduce linux into our
> office on a workstation.

Tim,

I use ps2pdf and pdf2ps to convert between the two. They are part of
the GS distribution and actually get gs to do the work. As for the
encapsulated postscript I'm not so sure about - on my machine there
is a tool called epstopdf from the tetex-bin debian package which also
seems to run Ghostscript to do it's dirty work.

An alternative might be just to open the eps in xfig and save it as
straight postscript.

Spurious thoughts,

Bernard.

--