[plug] [OT] http: different results from browser and telnet

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Oct 25 16:52:18 WST 2001

> On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Carl Gherardi wrote:
>
> > Ok bit more of a description is in order, i'm writing a program in c which
> > get the results of a web search by directly querying a search engine then
> > iteratively fetching and stripping links out of resulting pages.

masochist! :) Try using perl. You will have a lot less wheels to
re-invent. Even if you have to learn perl, it will still be quicker.
And the program could probably fit on one page.
  Perl does HTTP already, and makes it easy to parse and modify HTML
pages. I have done similar to what you describe, if you would like some
example code.

--
Mike Holland  <myk at plug.org.au>
			--==--