[plug]: weird box behavior

garry bigbadbill at dingoblue.net.au
Fri Oct 26 20:41:48 WST 2001

Just as an elimination, put on a power surger arrester.  (beg borrow etc)

If the machine is getting power fluctuations and not resetting properly, it
might cause drama..

What I mean is one of those pass through 240v blocks, when there is an over
or under voltage it turns off the power to the device until a satisfactory
voltage is there for a pre determined period. (Think it's 5secs)

That way, if it is this flaky power, a full reboot will occurr.

I sometimes get fluctuations as the load is switched at ~midnight.

As for the X problem...