[plug]: weird box behavior

navarre at plug.linux.org.au navarre at plug.linux.org.au
Mon Oct 29 00:00:41 WST 2001

Hello Craig

After reading your list of actions taken have you tested the video card,
swap it out, loose connections, etc. Other options I would take are, set
all power saving options in BIOS to OFF/ Disable. Or strip down and
rebuild the computer system, has worked for me in the past where the
fault is not clear.

Using the alternate PSU is a good idea, also if there are many HDD's in
the box then run the HDD's from the second PSU and mainboard from the
original.

Important question what make and model is the mainboard, is it Abit, look
for BIOS updates if it is.

Happy hunting -- Navarre

On 10/26/01, 6:42:09 PM, Craig Ringer <craig at postnewspapers.com.au> wrote
regarding [plug]: weird box behavior: