[plug] [OT] Ferral Politics

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Tue Oct 30 12:19:14 WST 2001

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 11:00:57AM +0800, Ben Jensz wrote:
> One other interesting thing that not many people have realised, is that if
> the ALP get in to federal government, then I think they have state level
> government in almost all of the states, which means changing the
> constitution could be achieved quite easily.  You only need the support of

In Australia?  You must be joking.  Our record of approving
constitutional changes (which others have noted does not involve state
governments) is very low, although I forget the historical numbers.  We
passed on the republic opportunity, and all four of the questions in the
bicentennial referendum were voted down.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
True happiness will be found only in true love.