[plug] Getting email securely from a US host

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Tue Oct 30 13:20:29 WST 2001

Folks

I want to use kerberos on a Linux box in the US so's I can POP mail
directly if our ISP collapses (a long story). But the US host service
doesn't support Kerberos ?! Is there some problem with this service ?

Is there any other way to make the passwords secure ?

frinstance, is it possible to use fetchmail to ssh into the server and
fetch the mail over the ssh session. I haven't set this up on our server
yet (POPing using Eudora as you can see) so I don't know enough about what
fetchmail can do. A yes will do and I'll squirrel into the man/info/HOW-TO
.. otherwise no and I'll keep wondering what to do :)

Harry