[plug] [OT] Ferral Politics

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Oct 30 13:10:26 WST 2001

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Ben Jensz wrote:

> http://www.iia.net.au/election/
>
> Apparently all of the IT related policies that have been released by the
> mainstream political parties so far.
>

> / Ben

I note that, at that web page, questions have not been put to the parties,
as to whether any of them would repeal the Internet Oppression Act, which
authorised the banning of websites, and, prosecution of the owners of
websites, that published material that the government does not like
(including dissent of government policies and actions), or the ASIO
Computer Security Violation Act, which authorised ASIO to violate the
security of any computer, and then deny that it had so done, thus allowing
innocent people to be framed by the feral government for computer
crimes. I would not like for some obscene material to have been planted on
my computer by a government agency, to frame me, and, I do not like the
idea that the government agency could legally do that to me, and, that it
could legally dishonestly deny that it had done it. That also legalises
perjury by government employees.

These are two significant omissions from the questions, and, given the
supposed opposition of the iia to the two acts, I am surpised that the iia
has omiited these questions. Perhaps, the government has pulled the iia
into line with government policies?

--
Bret Busby