[plug] [REMINDER] Unix Epoch: 1 billion seconds breakfast function.

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Sun Sep 2 22:36:26 WST 2001

On Sun, 2 Sep 2001, James Bromberger wrote:

> A quick reminder about the breakfast at the end of time. Well, not quite.
> 		http://www.james.rcpt.to/2001/epoch/
>
> this Sunday, 9th of September, or more appropriatly, at 1^9 seconds, minus
                                                        ^^^^^^^
there's a flashback and a half. oops :)

> Everyone is welcome. We'll try and have a projector up running, showing the
> output of `date +%s` (which is now 999436538). And we'll try to be a bit more
> fun than that. ;)

Along similar lines, is there a program that takes a date as the number of
seconds since epoch and converts it into a human-readable date, that runs
from the command line? I've written a small program that does this, but is
there anything that's standard with Linux that'll be on any machine I walk
up to?

Regards,

Bernard.

--