[plug] Apache and Wuftp

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Wed Sep 5 13:05:12 WST 2001

> > Question 1.
> >
> > I would like to know if anyone could tell me how to change the error
> > messages under apache that you get when you get a 404 error or any other
> > similar errors that you cant get when viewing a web site and you get
> > errors. using Redhat 7.1

Isn't this information configurable in httpd.conf ?

# Customizable error response (Apache style)
#  these come in three flavors
#
#    1) plain text
#ErrorDocument 500 "The server made a boo boo.
#  n.b.  the (") marks it as text, it does not get output
#
#    2) local redirects
#ErrorDocument 404 /missing.html
#  to redirect to local URL /missing.html
#ErrorDocument 404 /cgi-bin/missing_handler.pl
#  N.B.: You can redirect to a script or a document using
server-side-includes.
#
#    3) external redirects
#ErrorDocument 402 http://some.other_server.com/subscription_info.html
#  N.B.: Many of the environment variables associated with the original
#  request will *not* be available to such a script.