[plug] Yahoo game applet in Konqueror

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Thu Sep 6 15:17:54 WST 2001

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 01:56:28PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> Craig Dyke wrote:
> > Can anyone educate me as to what all these messages are telling me?
>
> Probably ``try a later version of Konqueror.'' Java(script) is
> Konqueror's weak point but is catching up fast. I suspect that (if this
> is pure Java not -script) there is a way to ask Konq to use a different
> Java interpreter.

What Craig failed to include was this occured with the original JRE
installed (1.1.8) and the latest JRE from sun (1.3.1). BTW, JRE 1.3.1 works
fine and actually runs Yahoo games without problem when used with
Mozilla/Galeon. Netscape 4.x also works and it uses it's own JRE (something
like 1.1.5).

Later,

Jason Nicholls