[plug] Yahoo game applet in Konqueror

Carl Gherardi gherardi at cs.curtin.edu.au
Thu Sep 6 16:12:47 WST 2001

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Leon Blackwell wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 11:49:25PM +0800, Craig Dyke wrote:
> > The scenario is: I am trying to use an applet from the Yahoo gaming site.
> > 		The window opens to load the applet and in the java console viewer in Konqueror
> > 		I get the following::
> >
> > Can not load archive java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://games.yahoo.com/games/y/eq0.zip
>
> This error actually tells you everything you need to know.  The zip file
> it is trying to download doesn't exist, so everything breaks.
>
> There's nothing you can really do about that, other than tell yahoo.

I note that in Netscape looking at the Java Console the file it tries to
download is:

http://yog31.yahoo.com/yog/y/eq0.jar

Jar (I believe) is the same as zip so..

A problem with Konquerer redirection in <applet> tags?

Also what is Konquerer identifying itself as?

Look for something like:
<param name="agent" value="Mozilla/4.77 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.3-12
i686)">

in the page that opens up

Carl