[plug] SNMP interface variables

Ryan ryan at slowest.net
Fri Sep 7 23:17:01 WST 2001

I've been stuffing around with snmpd on one of my linux servers.  It runs
'out-of-the-box' fine but does not provide all the variables I was hoping for.

In the same way I can request the interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets.1
variable from my access points and SCO machines I want to create the same
variable and other associated 'out' variables on my linux box so that mrtg
can happily graph that interface's traffic.  Is this achieved with a manual
editing of the snmpd.conf file or some nice package that provides the code
for all these variables for me?

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, after all the reading and googling i
can handle I have not come up with anything that can help me.  Can anyone
point me in the right direction or provide an example?

Thanks,

Ryan