[plug] AlphaServer 1000 4/266

Simon.Scott at flexiplan.com Simon.Scott at flexiplan.com
Mon Sep 10 09:39:50 WST 2001

Hi all

Yesterday I managed to obtain an alpha cheaply, and was just wondering if anyone
had similar and could tell me

a) Any pitfalls to look out for
b) Are parts etc available anywhere (ie extra processor cards)
c) I guess RedHat for Alpha supports this model?
d) I also got a SCSI drive stack (6x4.3Gb drives), does the 4/266 have an
onboard raid controller to drive this thing? Does anyone have the config
software for this?

Any help would be appreciated, Im currently downloading RH 7.1 for Alpha (the
box currently has win nt 3.51 on it!) so towards the end of the week Ill have
install-fever :)

Any comments?

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com