[plug] KDE 2.2 install problem

Peter Wright pete at akira.apana.org.au
Tue Sep 11 14:27:11 WST 2001

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 01:53:11PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> Grahame Bowland wrote:
> > It looks pretty likely you need the RPM shown here:
> > http://www.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/fam-2.6.4-11.i386.html
>
> I, believe that I previously mentuioned, on the mailing list, that the
> kde website indicated problems with trying to run kde 2.2 on Red Hat
> (whether 7.1 or 6.2); basically, that it would not run.

I can't remember whether mine (see below) just refused to run without
libfam. Not sure if I tried it or not.

> At the Installfest, I was advised that kde has to be recompiled on the
> version of RH, to get it working; thus, it appears that an rpm instal
> would not work.

I appear to have KDE 2.2 running quite happily (installed from RPMS) on a
RedHat 7.1 machine. It did need the libfam RPM referred to above, but once
that was installed everything appeared to be fine.

> Just relaying information that I acquired.

Likewise :).

> Bret Busby

Pete.
--
http://akira.apana.org.au/~pete/

--
Real programmers don't write in BASIC.  Actually, no programmers write in
BASIC after reaching puberty.