[plug] anybody familiar with crdao?

Steve Baker sbaker at icg.net.au
Tue Sep 11 21:10:14 WST 2001

Pluggers,

Has anybody used the 'cdrdao' tool to write Video-CD's?  I wanted to build a
VCD and found the GNU vcdimager tool to build the bin and cue files, and the
docs said to then use a tool such as cdrdao to write the image to the CD-R.

I tried it, and (after fixing some permissions problems on the device file)
the program aborts with a message saying 'Illegal Instruction'.  Has anyone
come across this?  I don't have any problems with using the burner with
xcdroast.  The drive is a ricoh-mp6200s, which is supposedly supported by
this program.   I tried as a user, then as root - same error.

Does anyone know what the problem might be, or how I might go about finding
out what the problem is?  Does anyone know of a similar/better tool as an
alternative?

Regards,
Steve
--