[plug] terrorist attack

Steve Vertigan steven at vertigan.wattle.id.au
Wed Sep 12 17:25:15 WST 2001

garry wrote:

> I think the HQs of the World Bank and the UN are both in NYC.
>
> > > Thank god for the
> > > godlessness of New York.

This is assuming that the quattrain was relating to last nights events
in it's entirety, what if the rumbling is still to occur in, say,
Jerusalem, the most obvious city of god.  Or even in our city of
churches Adelaide?  This is the main problem with Nostradamus, it can be
made to fit just about anything.  I say it's a pity he'd not alive and
programming today because he could probably knock up an pseudo-AI to
absolutely flog the turing test (and with a deft masterstroke Steven
brings this post on-topic).

But still it bears thinking about, attacking Afghanistan might not bring
about too many repercussions but the nuclear-enabled Pakistan or
something sparking in Israel could escalate.
  Speaking of crackpot theories there's talk going around that the
recent massive jump in the number of Muslim/Arab illeg^H^H^H^H^Hasylum
seekers to Australia could be indicative that they knew something
apocalyptical was about to go down.  The most obvious hole in that
theory being if there was wide-spread knowledge of it why didn't
American intelligence pick something up?
  I guess all we can do is wait and see if we're all alive in 10 years
time to see the hollywood remake showing president Ben Affleck boarding
all four planes and averting disaster with a cameo from a senile Sean
Connery as Osama Bin Laden.

Also the question of whether Nostradamus really wrote the quattrain or
whether some wag produced it to fit makes me ponder the possibility of
writing a perl script that you could feed a news article to and have it
come up with a quattrain.

Anyways that's the last from me on this subject, promise.  I think the
list purists will just have to accept that major world events of this
type are always going to reverberate through discussion forums of any
nature, keep their finger on the delete button and ride out the storm.

Regards,
Steve
--
OpenBSD maelstrom.dyn.dhs.org KLINK#1 i386
 5:10AM  up 16 days,  1:07, 3 users, load averages: 0.10, 0.19, 0.21