[plug] A good place for...um...

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Wed Sep 12 19:56:26 WST 2001

skribe wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:26, Chris Andre wrote:
>
>>what sort of cpu are you chasing ?
>>

> Anything that will run faster than (and be as reliable as) the 133.  And
> cheap.  Not asking much am I?  =)
>
> skribe

 From memory, an AMD K6-300, or an IDT Winchip 240 (I think that was the
number and the (relative) speed) should both be pin-compatible, faster,
and, compatible with Linux, if they can be found.

Had a look in computer magazines (apart from the two shops that I had
mentioned, and, the other shops that people have mentioned)? Usually, at
the back of computer magazines, easterbn states shops that sell computer
parts, have had old CPU's listed, with prices.

Bret Busby