[plug] pine

Bernard bernard at blackham.com.au
Sat Sep 15 22:13:32 WST 2001

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 10:00:28PM +0800, Anne Busby wrote:
> We were trying to set up mail folders on a mounted fat partion.

This could be the issue. Pine and most decent mail readers will try and lock the mailbox using a technique that is not supported on FAT partitions in linux. Not sure of the details, but I just tried doing that - saving onto a fat partition, hung about five minutes, and complained about locking.

It's generally advisable not to have mail folders on FAT partitions because of that reason - locking is an issue. But if you must, then using symlinks should work, eg "ln -s /mnt/data/mailfolder ~/mail/mailfolder".

HTH,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham