[plug] pine

Brian Tombleson brian at paradigmit.com.au
Sun Sep 16 00:08:14 WST 2001

> Yes, we can normaly write to the fat partion - permissions rwx for
> user, group and world. I can save messages to a mail folder - /tmp/test.
> We have tried symbolic links to the parition, but with the same result as
> a direct link.

Can you link the other way?

ie. ln -s /mnt/fat/mailfolder /mnt/ext2/mailfolder

.. where your FAT partition can be your logical tree, but the mail will
actually be stored on an ext2 partition somewhere completely different
(perhaps /var/ or /usr instead of the example /mnt/etx2/) ?

This way you should be able to access the mail folder from FAT OS's as well
as pine's file locking issues.

... Just thoughts.

- Brian.