[plug] xmessage window props

Bernard bernard at blackham.com.au
Mon Sep 17 18:11:44 WST 2001

List,

I'm in the process of making lil' funky popups on my desktop to
notify me of icq events, emails, etc. It displays the details by
using xmessage, along the lines of:

xmessage -xrm *.font:*-helvetica-*-*-*-*-14-* \
         -xrm *.geometry:-0+0 \
         -xrm *.title:"You have new mail" \
	 -xrm *.foreground:"$fgcolor" \
         -xrm *.background:"$bgcolor" \
	 -buttons "" \
	 -timeout 5 \
	 $from re $subject

Almost there - I want to make the popup box stay on top of other
windows while it's up and also have no title bar. I'm using
GNOME/Enlightenment and I can select Border Style -> Borderless and
Set Stacking -> Above, but how do I do this from the command line?

TIA,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham