[plug] Memory Alloc error?

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Tue Sep 18 12:25:22 WST 2001

The machine is running kernel 2.2.19 (SMP capable, its a Dual PIII 500).

The machine also has 512Mb of RAM in it.  The machine is running Apache,
Postfix, Squid and Samba as its main tasks.

I mean I can compile libpcap and other stuff from source fine.  But
installing stuff from RPMs _should_ work.

These are the memory stats from top:

Mem:   517268K av,  514432K used,    2836K free,   69192K shrd,   39596K
buff
Swap:  787144K av,    1904K used,  785240K free                  356468K
cached

It was installing RPMs fine before, but now its coming up with errors.  I
haven't changed anything recently that would affect RPM operations.

/ Ben