[plug] linux and novell

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Thu Sep 20 09:29:21 WST 2001

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Carl Gherardi wrote:

> Was wondering whether anyone out there had had any experience in making a
> linux workstation talk to a Novell (Netware 5) server.

Personally no.  But I have a friend at a private school that is useing
RedHat 6.2 to talk to his Netware 5.0 servers.

> I have a licenced version of the NetWare client for linux (redhat 5.1,
> openlinux 1.2 ... old)
>
> The installation disk contains a 2.0.x kernel - and i'm looking for some
> reasurance from somewhere before I jump in and try.

Well, if you can find an older machine you could always try it without
changeing the existing machine.  Then if you fail you've really lost nothing
but time, blood, sweat and tears.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein