[plug] Telstra Nimba Worm Notification

Russell Hobman Russell.Hobman at watercorporation.com.au
Thu Sep 20 09:54:30 WST 2001

Goodaye, thankyou for your advice. I received one of these yesterday,
however it did not take the form as described below. it was disguised as an
upgrade for a hardware driver with two attachments. one was a *.doc file
describing the install instructions for a self executing driver file. the
other file was an *.exe file, supposedly the hardware driver file. when I
scanned the files with "Norton's" it was revealed that  W32.Nimda was
embedded within the *.exe file, waiting for me to execute it. I deleted this
e-mail and the attachments immediately.

I'm just sending this advice in case someone receives something similar, I
would advise scanning every e-mail attachment you receive. regards, Russell.